Monday, September 23, 2013

So much to say, so little connectivity

First off, I wanted to let you know that the reason I haven't blogged isn't because I'm being held hostage at the Westgate Shopping Mall in Nairobi.  It's because Kenya is not keen on wifi - and out near the game reserves it is almost non-existant.  I've got another 30 minutes before the electricity goes off and the connectivity at tonight's lodge is spotty and slow at best.

So, no photos for a few more days until I reach civilization again.  Other than wanting to let everyone know how it's going - I haven't missed technology.  As long as I have a functioning camera and enough electricity to charge my camera batteries I'm a happy girl.

I've been through 3 game reserves in four days - some of them for multiple game drives.  It has been absolutely amazing and I can hardly wait to show you the best of the best photos.  I've seen four of 'the big five' - lions, elephants, rhino and buffalo.  The leopard was elusive.  But I've also seen many other animals including giraffes, a cheetah and more zebras, wildebeests and gazelles you can count.  But I'll give a show and tell at a later date.

Have two game drives tomorrow to see more elephants in Amboseli National Park and head back to Nairobi on Wednesday for a flight to Mombassa.  I'm spending four days in Bamburi - a beachside tourist community where I am hoping to do some snorkeling with my waterproof camera and also explore some of the coastal forests (with a guide to deal with any snakes or other unwanted creatures).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Looking forward to seeing your photos

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're not in that mall, dear Linda, and I'm thinking positive thoughts who are. I cannot begin to imagine the terror of the hostages, and the desperation of people who would go to such lengths and such violence.

Now that we know you're safe, STAY safe and post when you can afford to. And enjoy yourself.

Love and hugs,
Neil